Friday, September 2, 2011

Oddity Friday .... The Soap Lady

I am starting a new blog for Fridays called " Oddity Fridays" and today I wanted to show you The Soap Lady that lives in the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia.I am still saving my money to go visit this museum!  Sometime in the 19th century, a fat woman died and her body changed almost entirely into soap.
It may sound like an urban legend, but researchers are serious.They performed a CT scan on the woman's mummified body hoping to learn more about the process that turns some corpses into a waxy, soap-like substance called adipocere.
The body, dubbed "Soap Lady," has been on display for more than a century at the Mutter Museum, a former haven for medical students but now a Philadelphia tourist attraction featuring thousands of medical oddities.

THE SOAP LADY









You can get yourself your own piece of the Soap Lady....
Not really from her soap corps but wouldn't that be freaky?!
Go to the Mutter Museum Gift Shop on line
and freak your friends out when they go to wash their hands!




I hope you will enjoy my Oddity Fridays
till next Friday

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

SO BE IT!

JAR




No comments:

Post a Comment