Friday, April 9, 2010

5 of My Favorite Painters

I wanted to share 5 of my favorite painters that I have been inspired by for some time now! Most of these artist are abstract painters and they each have a very unique style :) PIET MONDRIAN
1872-1944
Dutch painter


Mondrian's self portrait

PIET MONDRIAN


PIET MONDRIAN



They even made skate deck graphics after his art.... I LOVE this !!!!




and in the 1960's YSL made dresses patterned after his art





I love these board shorts... they are extremely RAD!!!






MARK ROTHKO
1903-1970
Russian-born American Artist
Abstract Expressionism, color field








Mark Rothko








Mark Rothko










Mark Rothko









Mark Rothko
I once watched a documentary about him and it blew me away ... it's a MUST see :)











JACKSON POLLOCK
1912-1956
American Painter
Abstract Expressionism












Pollock













Pollock














Pollock


















Pollock
I am obssesed wth the movie POLLOCK ..... very entertaining movie about his life!!!!














LARRY POONS
1937-
Tokyo, Japan painter
Abstract Art
















Larry Poons


















Larry Poons



















EDOUARD VUILLARD
1868-1940
French Painter
and Print maker





















Vuillard




















Vuillard






















Vuillard
This one is so amazing to me!!!!
Well 5 unique painters of mine ..... goodnight JAR
























1 comment:

  1. larry poons? that's a good painter? gee..

    ReplyDelete