Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Day at the Art Museum

I wanted to post this last week but my plate was full! So here is my perfect day at the Houston Museum Of Fine Arts. They were showing the Impressionist and I really love Van Gogh and Renoir's paintings. My Grandma is an artist and she really wanted to view this exhibit .... so we all got in the car and headed out to Houston. This was also Keanu's first time at an art museum, so that was exciting!


Keanu was SO excited :)

Here we all are .... Me,Keanu, my older brother Billy,my little brother Matt and my Grandma Rivas
My Step Dad Paul was there too but he was taking the picture of us :)
So I tried taking pictures on my cell phone but the security ladies kept getting on to me .... but I did get a pic of the best painting there .... Van Gogh!!

Paul and Keanu

I tried taking pics .... until I was getting followed by the security ladies UGH!!!
I fell in love with this painting that had a cow in it!

I tried to snap pics :)
I did get a picture of my Grandma looking at a painting .... she was so happy to be at the museum!
and I was just happy to spend time with her .... LOVE her!!!!
At the gift shop I fell in love with so many books ... but I was short on cash!
They had an entire section on Paris .... I want to go to Paris someday!!!!
This is the book that I am saving my money for at the moment :)
and this book too ..... such great books at the museum gift shop.
We did buy some Van Gogh post cards :)
we were STARVING so we went down stairs to eat at Cafe Express!
We sat outside by the waterfall and the weather was PERFECT!!!
Keanu and Grandma Rivas
Keanu and I ... I adore my Keanu
and we had a great time!
After we ate we left but the day was still ours....
So Keanu and I stopped and bought some snow cones at our favorite place in Friendswood
I got pink bubblegum
and Keanu got blue raspberry
YUMMY!!!!!!
We were jamming to The Strokes in the car :)

Then I took keanu to the park to go bike riding and skateboarding
My brothers Billy and Matt were there also:)


He hates wearing his helmet !

So we had an AMAZING day at the art museum and just life in general ....

SO BE IT!

JAR

No comments:

Post a Comment